I am on 10th week doing the Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron.
As a do-it-yourself-workshop I am finding it more effective the second time around, (the first time was way back in 2014) and its unlike other books that attempts to analyze the how and why of creativity. It instead helped me discover and uncover, my own personal process of journey into writing. So personal I felt the book was written just for me.
After countless attempts at writing, I’d find myself confused and lost after a 30-40k word count. Focusing on another project brings me to the same halting ground, making me more depressed and dispirited, pushing me two steps backward even before that one step success forward. Even writing my next blog is a huge struggle.
What I learned this time is that all the negative reactions I secretly harbored against people, objects, things and all reasons I blamed for my under performance were all inner resistance and creativity blocks that were stopping me from uncovering my own creativity. Let me share with some creative affirmations from that book. Read it everyday like a prayer:
- THERE IS A DIVINE PLAN OF GOODNESS FOR ME.
- THERE IS A DIVINE PLAN OF GOODNESS FOR MY WORK.
- AS I LISTEN TO THE CREATOR WITHIN, I AM LED.
- AS I LISTEN TO MY CREATIVITY I AM LED TO MY CREATOR.
- I AM WILLING TO CREATE.
- I AM WILLING TO LEARN TO LET MYSELF CREATE.
- I AM WILLING TO LET GOD CREATE THROUGH ME.
- I AM WILLING TO BE OF SERVICE THROUGH MY CREATIVITY.
- I AM WILLING TO EXPERIENCE MY CREATIVE ENERGY.
- I AM WILLING TO USE MY CREATIVE TALENTS.
P.S. Creativity must be after me so bad, I acquired this book for a dollar from a thrift store.